background

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Silly things to Remember :D

Rainbow Bright


Smurfs




I'm in my late 20's. Oh my it hurts my heart to say that. I can NOT believe I will be 30 in a year and a half. I know 30 isn't old but I seriously have anxiety about it. I have been a little obsessive about it lately too. Anyways...I'm in my late 20's.
This made me laugh :D
Kids my age grew up playing video games. I think the first gaming system was Atari, but I had the first Nintendo. Best games being Mario World and Tetris. Those are the two I can remember but I'm sure there's more....

Do you remember when the games wouldn't work so you took the game out, you would blow out the "dust" then it still didn't work so then you go grab a candle or a marker and shove it in the system to make it press the game down harder...and low and behold it would be fixed. LOL



As I got older and went into high school the new thing was pagers....pagers were started as a business device to get someone to call you back in an important situation. Then we started using it as a conversation piece. We would use numbers to make it look like letters and actually have conversations with numbers. :/  Then it got to a point that if you had a side view that was cool, but if you had a top view, ummmmm not so cool. 
Examples :D
143 = I love you
 5012124 = Sorry
5-S 0-O 12-R 12-R 4-Y

Then cell phones, and well as we all know we can't go without them. I feel naked if I leave the house and I don't have it. Or when I go to find it and I can't and I FREAK out!!! The first cell phone I had was the 
good ol Nokia. No browser, No games, No bluetooth, No video, No camara.

ya, you like that...hahahaha

I think the reason I started thinking about this was because my mom was here and I wanted to get the 
Swiffer Wet Jet. She kept telling me that us "kids" spend so much money on convenience. She thought it was better and cheaper to use a sponge mop with hot water and soap. WHAT?!?!?!? Why would I do that? :D But if you think about it...we are always looking for the easier way, the quickest way to get things done. It makes since right? I would WAY rather spend the money and have things done quicker than save money and things take double the time....Thats probably why so many companies make SO much money.

Another thing I just thought about was our radios. There was no I POD no MP3 Player we had BIG radios 

This is the one I had...I can't believe I found it :D

Thanks for taking this trip with me...I know its silly but it was fun to go back to my childhood! Do any of you remember all this? What was your favorites growing up? I hope this made someone smile!!! 


Today, give a stranger one of your smiles.  It might be the only sunshine they see all day.

Mood- Cheerful, thankful, blessed :D
Listening to- EXTRA on TV 

1 comment: