background

Friday, August 19, 2011

A new chapter

I can't figure out what I need to do inorder to keep blogging on a daily basis. I always say when I blog that I enjoy the time spent just escaping into my own but then it takes me FOREVER to continue....

I have had SOOO many changes in my life in the last couple of months. For the first time in years I can say that everything is falling into place just the way that I think they should. I'm so happy in my marriage and I just thank the lord that I have such an amazing husband by my side. My daughter needless to say is amazing! 

So in the last couple of months my husband and I have decided to take on a new adventure with my parents. We decided to leave the state Mississippi and move to the state of Illinois. We wanted to move to a small town and open our own business. Skyler would start pre-school  when we moved and all would be the way we had always hoped for.

About 2 weeks ago I got a call from Skylers school saying that there was a spot for her. If I wanted her to attend that I would have to start her on the following tuesday which was only 7 days away from when I received that phone call. So at that point I started packing up as much as I could for sky, our 2 dogs and I. I moved 6-7 hours away from my home in Mississippi and I moved all of us in my 2011 Jetta. What a mission. It was cramped to say the least but it all went well.

Skyler started school on Wed and she absolutely LOVED it!!! She enjoyed her teacher and all her new friends. She came home with a happy face sticker which means she stayed on a green card (I guess that means she was a good girl all day). After she got out of school we went over and played at Mrs. Sams house with a whole bunch a little kids. Then we had a dinner invite at our neighbors house and that was a GREAT time. We came home and sky said she wasn't feeling so good so she went and laid down....from that point the stomach virus started :( It was terrible. Today is friday and she didnt go to school yesterday or today. Poor thing!!! She seems to be doing better today but hopefully she will continue to do better tomorrow.

Oh ya and I already locked myself out of the house. I had to have 2 different guys help me get back into the house where Skyler was so I thought asleep in bed. Anyways it all worked out and I got back in. :D  Embarrassing!!!

Today I got all our clothes hung up and organized in our closet so that was a huge accomplishment. Now I need to start on the kitchen pantry so I can put my groceries away. 

Our Temporary Home

 
Sky's first day of Pre-School




I have to say the hardest thing about this entire adventure is missing some of my besties and my HUBBY! Its sooooo hard to be away from everyone. I have made some new friends here and they all have kids around Sky's age so that part is good. I miss Morgan and Rita lots. Sky tells me everyday how much she misses her daddy and that he is taking a long time to get here :(  I get to see Rita in a couple weeks I think and my hubby too....We are celebrating our 5 year wedding anniversary on September 9th YAY....GO US!!! Love you babe!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment